Contact a consultant today Get in touch
Register for the Copenhagen
Business News Sign up now
Writes the World Bank in 2010 Discover why here
GET WORK AND RESIDENCE PERMITSDepending on your citizenship, different rules and procedures apply if you want to obtain a work and residence permit in Denmark:
· Citizens of the Nordic countries may enter and work in Denmark without any permit for an unlimited period
· Nationals from countries in theEU and EEA (Norway, Lichtenstein and Iceland) as well as Switzerland may enter and work in Denmark without permits for up to three months. However, special transitional rules apply to eight of thenew EU countries
· Non-EU nationals must acquire both a residence and a work permit prior to arrival in Denmark.
Resident in Denmark
· As resident in Denmark you must register with the National Register.
· Once registered, you will automatically join the National Health Service.
· You will receive a CPR number and a health insurance certificate (sygesikringsbevis), which gives you access to free medical treatment and other public services.
How to register with the National Register
Get all the practical information you may need as a new citizen in Denmark in the Danish Immigration Service.